AutoTURN Pro is the only vehicle swept path software available for the civil and transportation design community which allows you to create a true, 3D vehicle swept path simulation, with 3D envelopes, illustrating the space taken up by the turning vehicle and using 3D realistic vehicle rendering of Manufacturer-based Vehicles.
It can be used effectively to feed the infrastructure design process with vital input to ensure safe and sustainable planning.
When combined with the Plex.Earth tool however, it can also be used to illustrate design concepts and more likely design issues to non-technical stakeholders, without any CAD-software, in a real-life environment, using Google Earth and its detailed 3D urban or rural environments.
To publish your simulations to the Google Earth environment by using the Plex.Earth software by following the steps below:
1. In Google Earth, navigate to the area where you desire to conduct your vehicle swept path analysis. Make sure that the entire area is visible.
2. In Plex.Earth, click the Import Imagery option in the Imagery panel
3. This option will import the Google Earth aerial image as a combined, stitched mosaic, offering an additional high-quality layer to your existing basemap.
4. Perform the analysis with AutoTURN Pro by either using the following two methods:
– a. Use the 2D SmartPath tools to lay out the vehicle simulation in 2D, then convert it to be a 3D simulation by using the XY plane as the surface.
– b. Use the 3D Arc Path tool to create a 3D simulation in one single step.
5. Use further tools of AutoTURN Pro to manage how the 2D and the 3D elements of the vehicle swept path object is displayed. Add additional vehicles to the simulation to better illustrate critical points.
6. Go back to Plex.Earth and use the Publish 3D models option to export the simulation to Google Earth.
7. Open or share the exported files and view your data in the Google Earth environment.
Note: In Google Earth, you will see the have access to layer settings, controlling the display of your exported objects, providing you with further possibilities to achieve the visualization you wish.
Transoft Solutions develops innovative and highly specialized software for aviation, civil infrastructure, and transportation professionals. Since 1991, Transoft has remained focused on safety-oriented solutions that enable transportation professionals to design with the utmost confidence. Our portfolio of planning, simulation, modeling, and design solutions, are used in over 130 countries serving more than 50,000 customers across local and federal agencies, consulting firms, airport authorities, and ports. We take pride in providing best-in-class customer support from our headquarters in Canada, and through offices in Sweden, the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Australia, Germany, India, Belgium, and China.
For more information on Transoft’s range of trusted and field-tested engineering software, visit www.transoftsolutions.com.
Plexscape is a software company committed to changing the way engineers work on Architectural, Engineering and Construction (AEC) projects, by developing innovative solutions that bridge the gap between design and the real-world.
Plex.Earth, our flagship product, is the first cloud-based software ever created in the CAD market and one of the most popular tools in the Autodesk App Store.
Our solution, originally released in 2009, is being used by more than 15,000 engineers in over 120 countries worldwide, enabling them to have the complete 3D geographical view of their real-world project sites within minutes, through Google Earth and other satellite data providers.
For more information on Plex.Earth’s benefits, visit https://plexearth.com/