Potential safety counter measures are initially developed based on applicable standards prior to implementation. Learn basic concepts of intersection safety and compare with a modern roundabout, focusing on reducing conflict points during the design phase.
This webinar will review a design level safety evaluation for the intersection and the roundabout counter measure, focusing on potential conflicting points.
We will cover the following areas.
- Model an accident-prone intersection and models the existing geometrics with NEXUS Intersections
- Analyze the intersection to observe potential conflict points
- Replace the intersection with a roundabout using TORUS 6.0 as a potential safety countermeasure
- Analyze the roundabout safety checks including fastest path speeds, truck movement and sight line(s)
- Review some of the implementation challenges compared to the intersection such as right of way limitations.